2015-11-20

Another Advocate, Counselor, in the bible


Another Advocate(Counselor)
who speaks on behalf of Jesus
in the bible
 
 

    The promised pastor became the Advocate,
the another Advocate sent by Jesus (Jn 14:16)


God came and spoke through Jesus (Jn 14:24) who came according to the Old Testament (Isa 19:1). On this account, Jesus was the Counselor and Advocate who spoke on behalf of God.  

Jesus asked God for another Advocate (Jn 14:16-17), so God sent the Spirit of truth. Because the Spirit of truth dwells in a person (Jn 14:17) and speaks through that person (promised pastor), the promised pastor becomes the Counselor and the Advocate.

This is how God also dwelled within Jesus at the First Coming; Jesus spoke God’s Word on His behalf as the Advocate sent by God. Likewise, the promised pastor became the Advocate, the another Advocate sent by Jesus (Jn 14:16).


  • John 14:24
[God sent Jesus]
Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
 
  • John 14:16-17
[Jesus Promises Another Advocate]
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be  in you.

  • Revelation 22:16
[Jesus sent his angel for the churches]
I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”


 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기